- One beef brisket, about 4-5 pounds
- Garlic powder
- Sliced onions, enough to completely cover the brisket
- One jar of Heinz chili sauce
- One bottle of water (just fill the empty jar, shake and pour over brisket)
- 4 sliced carrots
- One bottle of beer or ale
- One package of Lipton dry onion soup mix
1) Put brisket in large Dutch oven. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
2) Add all ingredients to Dutch oven.
3) Cover the Dutch oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 3 1/2 hours.
4) Cool and put in refrigerator overnight. Slice very thin slices when cold and reheat with gravy. Serves at least 9.
Note from Ruth: Great with mashed potatoes.